About the Program
COUPLE COMMUNICATION II Advanced program – extends the use of skills taught in COUPLE COMMUNICATION I into processes for you to continue building a collaborative relationship. It includes managing your own, and responding to your partner's, anger more effectively.
In COUPLE COMMUNICATION II, you:
- Develop greater ability to use skills for bridging to one another
- Make more mutually satisfying decisions
- Enjoy deeper intimacy
- Build a more committed and confident future together
Included in the Program
The Skills ZoneGuidelines for:
- Staying skilled
- regardless of what the other person does
- a "collaborative operating system" in important conversations.
Managing My AngerWays for:
- 4 unhealthy expressions of anger
- a healthy process for putting anger to work constructively.
Responding to My Partner's AngerSkills for:
- Being alert
- to your own typical reactions to your partner's anger
- tension and acting in positive ways for your relationship.
Aligning Our RelationshipA map for:
- our values and goals
- plans for the future.
Learning Formats and Methods
You and your partner participate in one of two formats:
- In a group with an instructor and several other couples
- in four sessions totaling 6 hours
- By yourselves as a couple with an instructor
- in five 50-minute sessions
Your Privacy is Respected.
You choose together privately, as a couple, the issues you discuss and practice.
Enjoy Continued Learning Through:
- Practice and Exercises
- Skill and Process Coaching
User Friendly Couple Materials
As a couple, you use a COUPLE COMMUNICATION II Couple Packet containing:
- 2 Thriving Together in the SkillsZone workbooks
- 2 Laptop/Tabletop Skills Mats
- 2 Awareness Wheel pads
The materials are for:
- Use during sessions
- Practice at home between sessions
- Application after the course to reinforce skills when negotiating issues
The workbooks in the Couple Packet are softcover, 8 x 10 inches, 83 pages, 2010.
The COUPLE COMMUNICATION II Couple Packet is $37.00.
You receive a Couple II Packet through your instructor.